One of the most convenient features we offer through our Mobile Banking App is the option to deposit checks. All it takes to deposit a check is a few minutes of your time and a phone that has internet access and a camera. If you haven’t already done so, download the Service First Mobile Banking App from the App Store® or Google PlayTM to get started.
How do you make a mobile deposit? All you have to do is:
- Log in and tap the “Deposit” button in the menu bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Deposit a check” from the deposit screen.
- Endorse the back of the check and write “For Mobile Deposit Only At Service First FCU” on the back of the check. Choose your deposit account and enter the check amount. Tap “Take photos” to proceed.
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check following the instructions on the screen.
- After taking the photos, tap the “Make deposit” button. This will confirm the check amount and the correct deposit account.
That’s all there is to it!
You can also rest easy knowing that depositing a check with the Mobile Banking App is safe and secure. We build the same level of protection into mobile banking as we do into the rest of our banking services. You can feel confident that your accounts, and your money, are safe with us.
Still, you can never be too careful. Many of the same things you do to keep your personal information safe online are also best practices when it comes to banking from your phone. For example:
- Don’t share your Service First mobile banking username or password with anyone. Scammers often make calls and send out emails and texts posing as financial institutions and ask people for their bank account information. Financial institutions like Service First will never contact you unsolicited to request sensitive financial information.
- Avoid public Wi-Fi when using mobile banking. Public Wi-Fi can be convenient, but it can also be vulnerable to hackers. Wait to use your Mobile Banking App until you get to a location with secure, password-protected internet access.
- If your phone has security features like fingerprint ID or facial recognition technology, use them to add an extra layer of security.
- When you’re done using the Mobile Banking App, log out of it.
Making a mobile deposit with Service First is quick, easy and safe. Try it today!