Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update March 19, 2020
Service First FCU is committed to serving our community and members during this challenging time. We are taking precautionary steps to help protect our members and our employees such as practicing social distancing, increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing work areas, suspending all work-related travel, and preventing employees with symptoms of illness from coming to work.
Effective Thursday, March 19, 2020, we will no longer offer coin counting and we are limiting the amount of cash that can be taken out to $2,000.00 per day, until further notice.
Beginning Friday, March 20, 2020 the following will take effect:
- Lobby closings: Only drive-up window services will be available at the Main, Southwest, and McCook location branches. Limited services will be available. The McCook drive-up window will be closed from 1:00-2:00 pm.
- Branch closings: The Falls Landing branch location will be closed temporarily.
- Request an appointment: You can request an appointment with our staff to sign for your loan, notarize a document, access your safe deposit box, and other limited services. Appointments will be at our Main location branch.
If you plan to visit a branch, our team is taking extra precautions. We will also be observing social distancing and other best practices recommended by the CDC.
We would like to remind you that our ATMs are always available, and we strongly recommend that you use our digital banking services. We also encourage the use of electronic transactions whenever possible that can reduce or eliminate the handling of money and paper checks that could possibly carry the virus.
Our remote services include:
- Online Banking to manage your accounts, transfer funds, and more.
- Our free Mobile App that can be downloaded to your smartphone.
- Mobile Deposit from our Mobile App, to deposit paper checks from your smartphone.
- Paying your bills with Online Bill Pay.
- Popmoney for sending money to family, friends and other trusted recipients.
- Using your debit card whenever possible to pay for items rather than using cash.
- Surcharge-free ATMs that offer an easy way to get cash.
- Our drive-through branches to promote social distancing.
If you need help with any of our electronic banking services such as setting up Online Banking or the Mobile App, we are here to help. You can contact us at 605-336-1047 during our normal business hours.
It’s also important to remain diligent in protecting your personal and financial information during this time. There have been numerous fraudulent websites and emails in regard to this pandemic. Remember, Service First FCU will not ask for any personal information via telephone or email that you, the member has not initiated. If you are unsure if a phone call, text, or email is legitimate, please call Service First FCU at 605-336-1047.
We also encourage members and staff to take precautions to protect their health. With this in mind, we are utilizing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to ensure we are helping our employees and members by providing accurate information about the public health threat posed by the virus. We can each take steps to help slow the spread of disease, including:
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- When possible, avoid shaking hands.
- Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces regularly.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
We want to assure you that your credit union is strong and your funds are safe. Your savings are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) for at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely to determine if additional measures are needed to protect our members and employees. We will continue to provide updates via email and our website. For information regarding COVID-19 we suggest you visit www.cdc.gov.
Thank you for being a member of Service First FCU.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update March 12, 2020
Service First is closely monitoring the latest reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our branches are available to serve you as well. We’ve increased daily cleanings, have made hand sanitizer readily available, and are educating our employees on best practices recommended by the CDC.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our members as needs arise. For additional information about COVID-19, get the latest report from the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov.
If you have any questions you can contact us at 605-336-1047 or email@example.com.